Monday, January 10, 2011

Blogging about blogging

Today I am blogging in response to Rebecca Blood's interview with Danish blogger Trine-Maria Kristensen. TMK's blog is called Hovedetpaabloggen which translates as "to dare" in English. Her blog gets 700-1000 visitors a day. I find it surprising that in all of the blogs and junk that fills the internet people are able to find quality blogs to follow on a regular basis. TMK mentioned that she followed over 200 blogs, which I could scarcely fathom. I am not particularly excited to be entering the world of blogging, but it is comforting to hear from TMK that you don't have to have a background in writing or have tech or political savvy to be a successful blogger. She doesn't think of herself as a good writer but she has discovered that if you stay concise, speak your mind, post regularly and learn from other blogs anyone can have success. I was surprised that most times it only took her 20 minutes to complete a blog post. I have been stewing on what to write in this one a bit longer than that. She has years of experience and devotes plenty of time to her blog so I am sure I will become a better blogger with some more experience.

No comments: